WELCOME TO OFF GRID WORKS.
This blog site is operated by Ed and Laurie Essex in Wauconda, WA. We created this site to share our experiences as they unfold in our transition from city condo life to off grid living in the mountains of Eastern Washington State.
Join us in a discussion about what works and what doesn’t in your daily choices for healthier living and greater self sufficiency. Share your stories about off grid living or things you are doing to reduce your environmental impact whether you are off grid or not.
Ask questions, offer advice or just enjoy reading what others have to say.
Visit our website Good Ideas For Life where you will find products to help you become more self sufficient whether you live in the country or city, on acreage or in a condo. These products will help provide you with your own safe food and clean water and help prepare you for any emergency you and your family may face in these uncertain and trying times.
- Foundation No No
- Our Boneyard
- Our Home Design Features Part 1
- Our Home Design Features Part 2
- Prevent Water Damage to Your Home
- Solar Tubes
- How we grow winter food!
- More Winter Fresh Veggie Choices
- Mountain Salmon
- Our Garden At 4200′ Elevation
- Tattler Reusable Canning Lids
- Winter Gardening Updated
- First Step – Planning and Research
- Home and Energy Options Part 1
- Home and Energy Options Part 2
- Home and Energy Options Part 3
- Insulated Concrete Forms
- Insulated Curtains Part 1
- Insulated Curtains Part II
- An Average Summer Day
- An Average Winter Day
- Chickenship (humor)
- Company and Visitors
- Convenience vs Sustainability
- End Of A Season
- Free Range Chickens?
- Free Range Winter Chickens
- Horse Adventures (humor)
- How To Survive A Long Winter
- Learning Curve
- Living At Higher Altitudes
- Living Off Grid – What Have We Gotten Ourselves Into?
- My Year In Blogging 2012
- When Is The Right Time To Homestead?
- Winter Fun – Ice Fishing
- Working From Home
- Backup Systems
- Forest Fire
- Our Livestock Guardian Dog
- Remote Cell Phone Service
- Rodent Wars
- Snow Removal
- Spring To Do List
- How to calulate your electrical needs
- Operating Our Solar System – Part 1
- Operating Our Solar System – Part 2
- Our Solar Costs
- Our Solar Power
- Reduce your electrical use in two easy steps